Saturday, December 15, 2007

Huacachina buggy good time


Huacachina buggy good time, originally uploaded by fake fotos.

Here is a view of the sand dunes surrounding Hucachina at sunset.

Previous to this photo, I was laughing my ass forgettting all about the previous day´s robbery in Lima. The dune buggy ride was better than a roller coaster. I screamed like a 10 year old.

Sandboarding was also included in the fun, although I don´t think I´ll ever do that again. Our guide, Jaime, claims we reached speeds of
100km/hour on the sandboards, mind you, that was lying on the stomache. It was fast, maybe 60km/hour, but felt like light speed. Much screaming and laughing there too. Standing on the board snowboard style posed a different challenge, one that could have lead to a broken limb, or a sore rump in my case. No photos of the sandboarding as the camera would have been destroyed.

No comments: